When you have a WordPress website and you are looking to make money by placing ads then you need the best Ad management Plugin for various reasons and flexibility and this is the time you search for the plugin to manage you ads on WordPress.
Advanced Ads is a freemium plugin that means there is free and also premium version that we will be discussing. You can use the display Google Adsense and other advertisement banners.
Advanced Ads is rated 5 stars and has more than 1 million installs so it is definitely one of the top rated and best plugin.
Here are the features of Advanced Ads free version:
- Create and display unlimited ads
- Rotate ads
- Schedule ads and set start time and expiration date
- Target ads by content and user groups
- Inject ads into posts and pages automatically without coding
The pro version gets you additional features such as
- Target ads by geo location
- Get stats to know how your ads are performing
- Sell ads directly to people
- Lazy loading
- Ad blocker module
- More placement options
- And more…
To install free version of Advanced Ads Plugin, go to Plugins -> Add new. Search “Advanced Ads” and it shows up on the list. Click “install now” then activate.
Creating your first ad
1) Go to the Advanced Ads menu in your Dashboard and click on Ads.
2) Enter the title
3) There are different types of Ad you can choose
- Dummy: This is just for testing
- Rich Content: This will let you use the WordPress editor with all features like shortcodes, image upload or styling, but also simple text/html mode for scripts and code.
- Image Ad: This lets you insert an image ad.
- Ad Group: This helps you group different ads together. You can use this when you want to assign the same display and visitors conditions to all ads in that group.
- Adsense ad: This lets you insert Adsense from Google.
4) After choosing the Ad type click on “next”
In the above example I have chosen Image Ad.
5) Select the image from your computer/ media library or by url. You can select the size of the image and click “next”.
6) In the next screen you will see two conditions that you can apply
- Display Conditions: This allows you to show the ad only on specific pages, specific posts, or post types, or your home page only. Don’t set anything here if you want the ad to show on every page.
Visitor Conditions: This allows you to exclude certain type of visitors from seeing the ad. For example, you can exclude mobile users. Again don’t set anything if you want the ad to show all visitors.
Click on next after setting the conditions.
You ad is saved now and you can select where you want to display the ad. There is also an option to display using shortcode.
Displaying the Ad
In order to make your ad visible in the frontend and especially on your sidebar, click on the sidebar icon in the available placements or go to Appearance -> Widgets where you can find the Advanced Ads widget on the top left. Just drag it into the sidebar below the search field where you want to display the ad. You can enter a title for the widget but not necessary. You have to select the ad you created when you save the widget.
Go to front end and you should see the ad displayed.
The Pro version comes with more features and ability to place ads on multiple places on your website. You can know the stats about how the ads are performing.