SiteGround is a web hosting company founded in 2004 and is based in Sofia, Bulgaria. They also have offices in Stara Zagora, Madrid and Plovdiv.
SiteGround is one of the popular hosting company that offers its customers multiple different hosting options. They offer shared, WordPress, cloud, and dedicated plans – in addition to many other specialized plans. It provides the newest PHP versions and free SSL Certificate. SiteGround is known best for WordPress hosting and contributes to WordPress community.
SiteGround Hosting Plans & Features
- StartUp plan: This one is the lowest priced plan which costs $3.95 per month, can host one website and is good for anyone who is just starting with a website. It can handle up to 10,000 unique visitors per month, with unlimited bandwidth, 24 / 7 client support, free Cloudflare CDN, free Let’s Encrypt SSL, unlimited emails and MySQL Database, free daily backups and more.
- GrowBig plan: This plan costs $5.95 per month and can host multiple websites. It has 20GB of space for up to 25000 visits per month. With all the additions of startup plan, you get a free SSL Wildcard for 1 year, 30 backup copies and free restore, all 3-levels of the SuperCacher, which aids loading time tremendously, and staging environments for both WordPress and Joomla.
- GoGeek plan: This plan costs $11.95 per month and can host unlimited websites. It has 30GB of space for up to 100,000 visits per month. It has all features of the other two plans plus priority support, PCI compliance one-click Git repo creation.
If you are serious about hosting your website with SiteGround, I recommend opting for 3 years so that you can save more.
- Maximum Performance: SiteGround claims to offer 99.99% uptime. Reliable uptime will keep website users happy and your site will work 24/7 so you won’t miss out when your customers want to make a purchase.
- Speed: Site speed is one of the important factor when choosing a host. Research by Google says that 53% of users will leave if your pages don’t load withing 3 seconds. SiteGround has above-average loading time of 681ms isn’t the faster but it does place SiteGround near the top 10 at speed.
- Best Customer Support: SiteGround provides Customer Support 24/7, so you are guaranteed support at literally any time of the day or night.
- Free Site Migration: Unlike other hosting providers that charge for website migration service, its absolutely free on SiteGround. All you need to do is login to your SiteGround dashboard and place a request for migration. The migration takes anywhere between 5-6 hours to complete following which your only job is to change the domain name-server.
- Free SSL Certificate & Content Delivery Network (CDN): SiteGround provides free SSL by default for all new users. SSL certificate are essential if you are going to run an e-commerce site and are a sign of trust to users. SSL also helps in ranking your website by Google. So its good to have SSL regardless of website.
A Content Delivery Network (CDN) stores copies of your website all over the world. This speeds up page delivery to people located far from your base web server. They have direct integrations with CDNs like CloudFlare.
- Basic to Advanced Features: Beginners and bloggers get popular website builders like Weebly, WordPress, Joomla and Drupal. Each of these apps can be installed with ease. For Developers you get Git pre-installed on bigger plans, along with SSH, WP-CLI, SFTP, and phpMyAdmin. They have multiple PHP versions. Multi-level caching is also available. Developers get access to staging environments or test before pushing new features into production.
- 30-Day Money Back Guarantee: SiteGround features a full 30-day money back guarantee on all shared hosting plans.
Disadvantages of SiteGround
- Pricing: SiteGround offers great value but it’s expensive when compared to other hosting providers. The best solution is to opt for longer term to take advantage of low rate for as long as you can.
- Limited Storage: Their plans comes with fixed storage. However, this storage is quite large, and if you are just starting out, then you will most likely never need extra storage.
With so many advantages and just 2 disadvantages you should definitely consider SiteGround Hosting. SiteGround has Best Customer Support, Speed, Performance and 99.99% uptime. It is one of the most recommended WordPress hosting companies.
Disclosure: I am an affiliate of Siteground, and I get commission when you purchase with my link. It doesn’t cost you anything. Thanks for your support.